Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hide-n-Seek Rock Stars


When Roland first started sleeping in the toddler bed we built, it was an event finding him most nights when we went to bed. It looked like a party had exploded into the wee hours of the morning and everyone had just passed out from all the fun where they lay.

I'm told the turtle will never tell, but the dino brothers are such light-weights and frog was tongue-tied with stories.


Really thought we were passed the phase of hide-n-seek out Roland in the night. Some nights I find him just wearing a shirt and nothing else, other times there are books, cars, and other miscellaneous toys that will impale the most of us if we slept with them. He's also gotten so big by winter we'll be building a twin-bunk bed configuration - somehow - because the kids will be in the same room by then. (That's probably when the real party will start!)
Here's his new hiding trick. Remember - it is pitch black when I enter the room so I am slowly sliding my feet around, feeling all over the floor, bed, etc. and finally have to go back out to turn on a hallway light... to discover Roland just chillin' in the recliner. I'm absolutely fine with him sleeping there, but he's still occasionally wetting the bed so back he goes to the mattress. Good thing about Roland: he sleeps like a ROCK and can be moved, photographed, redressed, taken to the bathroom, etc. and barely wake up. Snores something fierce at school I am told.

I just love this photo because it looks like the dragon is biting the dino on the tush. And frog and little dino are consoling him, but turtle is laughing. Sleep tight rock star!
 
(I always wanted a hammock in my room... )

No comments: