Yes, I shamelessly bribed and dragged the kids to the shoe bench for a photo...obviously they have no idea why.
"It's your first day of school, Aria!" Cue Roland continuing to look dejected, Aria is happy - but clueless."Roland, smile, or you don't get to eat breakfast."
What a day it was! Roland LOVES Ms. Gigi's class - and had a perfect drop off and a perfect day. Aria, despite my formula and bottle blunders, had a pretty good day too. Brian said the drop off - while many, many trips moving in supplies, etc. - went great. Cheri said she did great sleeping on her mat but struggled when it came to not throwing her food off the table. Shock. When I picked up Aria she was out on the playground with the toddlers, happy. But then burst into spontaneous tears before I could even open the door. Apparently all day she'd suddenly realize where she was and who wasn't with her (Dad) and just start sobbing. When she saw me she seemed surprised, "Is that really you?" and just kept hugging me and staring and then hugging me again. When she finally pulled away she promptly waved goodbye to her teachers, "Free at last!" I think it's going to go great. Whew!
This was the end of the long, long day and even longer drive home:
A little worse-for-wear, but happy. Dad surprised them with small back-to-school gifts for being so great!
No comments:
Post a Comment