So...today I turned 32.
Not so much a monumental number, nor a monumental day, however, I did encounter some unique and wonderful moments:
In no particular order or importance:
- Snuggling with my two amazing kids in bed
- No hot water for a shower
- Poor Annie had a much worse morning: missed bus, soaked car
- No date for lunch...
- Last minute, awesome date for lunch with Brian at Rosepeppers, delicious lunch, stimulating conversation, heart-bursting laughs
- Sweet sentiments from co-workers, undeserved, including a note...I love you guys
- Calls from Mom, Sarah, Kris, Dad, Calen, Gordon and Grandparents, thank you for loving me so much. (Evan, I still love you, regardless...)
- Gift of new CDs from Carl
- Skipping the 'Humpty Dance' track on aforementioned CDs, turns out, not suitable for kids...
- Thoughtful notes from Facebook friends
- Skateboarding in the cul de sac with Brian and kids
- Long walk...
- Playing in garage
- Tucking sweet kids into bed
- Catching a new 'Good Wife'
- Slumber
And were I to interview the present me for the future me:
What ambitions do you have for the year 32?
(Sigh) It's about time I get a will in order. I'd love to finish (ahem, start) the kids growth charts. There's always the goal of painting more. And I'd really like to start an online gallery of the graphic design work I complete. I'll get on that, promise...
Are there any goals you have?
Stay the same, only wiser and smarter? And healthier? Amazingly, I forget about the gray hairs that are seeping in on my temples. Nor do I seem to notice the lines or wrinkles...probably because I still have acne like a 14 year old. Priorities. Not to be vain, but my body is a Datsun wishing it was a F350. My goal was to run three races...thank goodness Kristi just emailed me about a 5K.
Places you'd like to go?
There's always the favorites: San Diego, Bay Lake, Nebo, Dyersburg (really!) but if I could through one in there, I think we should really make an effort to visit Detroit/Destin in August (I know, pretty extreme!)
Things you'd like to do?
Camp with the kids in the backyard, and find more ways to connect to the community - philanthropically. Do more for the kids, everyday. That last point needs emphasis. I want to do more for them, everday. And Brian. They deserve it. (Is this between two ferns?)
----
Enough of the interview. 10 years ago I was a senior in college living in an off campus, college owned apartment with Jamie, Sarah, Tina, Dena and Erika (none of us could give up our scholarship money to live off campus). We enjoyed a three bedroom, two bath ground level townhouse that Jamie organized and the rest of us destroyed. Thank goodness Dena bought that bigscreen for the superbowl and the Slice was next door. I graduated on Saturday, moved home on Sunday and flew to Detroit with a suitcase to start my job with GM on Monday.
I spent the rest of my 22nd year traveling the country with the world's coolest co-ed's teaching ecommerce strategies to GM dealers and wholesalers. Before it ended I was back in Dyersburg as a contract employee for GM planning my move to San Diego.
Now, 10 years later I am back in Tennssee, with the love of my life and the two most amazing kids (and three pretty awesome dogs). So for my 32nd birthday, all I wish if for it to be as good a year as my 31st. Thanks everyone for the love!
El
1 comment:
Celebrate your birthday for a week - one day is never enough!
Post a Comment